The Scuola Grande di San Rocco, in the Sestiere di San Polo, beside the homonymous church was originally a confraternity founded in 1478 and became prosperous around 1515.
The Rialto Bridge is the first one built across the Grand Canal. In the beginning it was a wooden drawbridge to permit sailing ships to sail from St. Marks Basin to Piazzale Roma area.
In Venice is simply known as the Church of Frari (Friars).
The Church of San Rocco, situate beside the homonymous School, has been initially designed by Bartolomeo Bon and built starting from 1489.
The name of the campo (square) derivate from the twisting of San Paolo, it is second in dimension only to Saint Marks Square, it represent the fulcrum of Sestiere di San Polo one of the oldest of all city.
- 1 of 2